Monday, January 19, 2009

Random Stuff

This is going to be such a scatterbrained post today. Nothing I'm talking about has anything to do with each other. I'm not even sure that sentence made sense. Maybe I should number my topics. It won't make it make more sense, but it will make me feel better.

1. Yay for me! I got another award from Pooba! I know I've mentioned her sidebar before - I'm watching, reading, enjoying, etc..., but I'm mentioning it again because I seriously love that. Go check it out. It's one of my favorite things about her blog.
2. It's been a couple years since I've used the Schick Intuition razor and even though I liked it, I stopped using it after I ran out of cartridges. So, I was in the razor aisle at Walmart this past weekend, wondering why the frick razor blades cost so much and decided to pick some up. Surprisingly, I still had the razor handle part underneath the sink, so I got a box of 3 for $8.32. All I can say is, "I missed you, dear Intuition. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize how perfect you are. Please, forgive me." I love this razor. It's great during winter since I don't show my legs that much - just some quick swipes takes care of things. It's great during summer when I wear capris - just want to touch up the ankles and calves. I even used it under my arms, even though I consider that area just a bit more delicate, so I was afraid of irritation - but it was fine. I love it - go buy it.


3. I'm not really into art that much, and most sculptures make me angry. The weird abstract ones, I mean. But, there are some things I like. I haven't gotten around to framing, or even hanging mine yet. I'm waiting till I get my own bedroom (weird dream of mine that probably will never happen). But, I was reminded of it when I heard that Andrew Wyeth had died last Friday. I believe this one is called Master Bedroom and is a 1965 watercolor. It reminds me of Maggie.

4. And lastly - I finished the Twilight books! Still haven't seen the movie. And because I still want Edward to be my boyfriend, 'movie Edward' better not disappoint me. I borrowed my next read from my sister - She Got Up Off The Couch by Haven Kimmel. I love free reads.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dropping by from sits. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check out those razors.

Ali said...

That's a nice Wyeth print--it does remind me of Maggie!

Anonymous said...

Oh razors...there's nothing like finding one you love! I've never tried Intuition though! And razor heads are so stinkin expensive!

Grand Pooba said...

In regard to Twilight: Welcome to the dark side!

In regard to intution: Never used it but everytime I see it I start singing the Jewel song!

About art: I love how sculptures make you mad, lol! And that has got to be the cutest piece of art I've ever seen. That would definately go in my bedroom!

Debie Napoleon said...

Congrats on the award....it's a great day!

Andrea said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by! Abstract sculptures make me angry, too. :oD

Elizabeth Channel said...

My roommate had this print and I enjoyed it for years!