Friday, October 24, 2008

Paula Deen's Gorilla Bread


It's Food Friday!

I thought I had remembered Paula Deen making monkey bread on her show. When I did a search for it, I came across her recipe for gorilla bread. Is it crazy that I've never heard of gorilla bread? For those of you living under a rock like me, it's monkey bread with cream cheese inside each biscuit. It's simple to make, looks really impressive, and most of all - it's delicious.

1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
8 oz cream cheese
2 (10 count) cans biscuits
1 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

Spray bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon together. In a saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over low heat, stirring well. Set aside. Cut cream cheese into 20 cubes. Press out biscuits with hands, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp cinnamon-sugar. Place a cube on each biscuit, fold over and seal with fingers. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of nuts in bottom of pan. Place half of the biscuits in pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon-sugar. Pour half of the butter mixture over it and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of nuts. Repeat.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove, cool 5 minutes. Place a plate on top, and invert.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Ali said...

I've heard of monkey bread but never gorilla bread either. This looks so good!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I had never heard of gorilla bread. Looks dangerous in a good way :)

Lump said...

ohmygoodness I could eat every last bit of that!

FROGGITY! said...

this looks great!!

there's a surprise for you on my page!

Kristen Andrews said...

that look so yummy!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

OMGARSH this looks soooooooo fabulous! Totally bookmarking it and trying it soon!!

~melody~