Friday, February 13, 2009

Lemon Pies


It's Food Friday!

A couple weeks ago, I made a lemon meringue pie and lemon icebox pie for my boyfriend's birthday. I actually didn't eat either one, although I made myself sick eating the leftover icebox pie filling. The pictures didn't turn out so great, and I didn't even get to take one of the lemon icebox. I thought he would wait on me before he started in on it. I tried to make the last weirdly shaped piece into a triangle, and smooth out the fork marks to get a halfway decent picture. I think that the lemon icebox was probably the best one, and not so involved as the meringue. I'm all about easy desserts.



Lemon Icebox Pie

12 oz Cool Whip
1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
1 (6 oz) frozen lemonade (thawed)
Graham cracker crust

Mix the first 3 ingredients and pour into crust. Refrigerate overnight.

I eyeballed 12 oz of Cool Whip. Next time I'll get the 8 oz container. That way I won't have pie filling left over. I seriously ate so much of that, I didn't even want any of the actual pie! But, it's really good, and very easy. I'd definitely make it again.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

Mmmmmm sounds delish!

Ali said...

That sounds great for summer! Well, anytime, actually:)

Grand Pooba said...

All right woman, I just started weight watchers this week and this post is NOT helping! :)

Lump said...

ooooh SO YUMMY! love lemon anything!