Monday, July 28, 2008

Dashboard Confessional



I first discovered Dashboard Confessional 6 years ago. I was flipping channels late one night and came across them on MTV Unplugged. I bought their cd The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most and even though I have the last 3 cds they have released, I think Places is my favorite - and also my favorite song. Here's a few lyrics:

Buried deep as you can dig inside yourself
And covered with a perfect shell
Such a charming, beautiful exterior
Laced with brilliant smiles and shining eyes
Perfect posture, but you're barely scraping by
But you're barely scraping by
This is one time, this is one time
That you can't fake it hard enough to please everyone
Or anyone at all...or anyone at all
And the grave that you refuse to leave
The refuge that you've built to flee
The places that you've come to fear the most
It's the place that you've come to fear the most

Isn't that great? Any DC fans out there? Your turn - what's your favorite song?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: