Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend Recap


Of course, the weekend started with Halloween on Friday. I got off work a couple hours early so I could drive to my parent's house. That night, I got out the old alien costume and went trick or treating with my nephews - Big pup and Little pup. As much as I wanted to get a ton of Halloween candy, I was too nervous to try and pull it off. Oh yeah, I'm a grownup, I guess I could just buy my own.

Saturday was a lot of fun. I went to Big pup's last soccer game of the season. The kids got medals and there was a picnic afterwards. That's where we found out that the Boy Scouts were having a fundraiser - plane rides! Since my sister and her husband had already left for Texas for a Nascar race, and my dad said no way was he getting on one, it was up to me to go with them. I was kind of nervous, these were little planes with 2 seats up front and a little back seat. Although, I think my biggest fear was that Little pup would freak out while in the air - it was his first time (and I was with him - yay!), his brother did it 2 years ago. But he had a good time - we all did.

I drove back Saturday night since I worked on Sunday. The store has started playing Christmas music. I think I might be the only one enjoying it this early. Went out for Mexican food after work and then to Walmart for weekly groceries. Does anyone else's Walmart have Rock Band 2 set up? I think my fudge pops melted while waiting for Billy to stop playing drums. He played 2 songs and was going to play a 3rd, but thankfully, some kids had started walking toward us. There's no telling how long we would have been there if they hadn't.

So it was a great weekend. I'm already looking forward to the next one so I can relax a little and do absolutely nothing.

Everyone have a good weekend?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a great weekend! I love the alien costume! I trick or treated up til my sophomore year of college--oops! haha There's nothing better than free candy!

Lump said...

ahahahah I love that costume. SO AWESOME. I'm still eating candy. It's the best. ;)

nikkicrumpet said...

Love the alien costume...you should have taken the candy lol. And you're a good sport going up in one of those small planes...I couldn't do it!

Ali said...

For your sake, I am very glad Little pup did not freak out in the air! Nascar was fun but I need another weekend to do nothing!

Kristen Andrews said...

coolest Aunt ever to dress up!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVE Christmas music and if people wouldn't think I was totally bonkers, I'd listen to it ALL YEAR LONG! hehehehe There is a HUGE rule in our house that has yet to be broken: From Thanksgiving on NO MUSIC OTHER THAN CHRISTMAS MUSIC can be played. I'd start it earlier, but I have to respect my hubby's love of other music. lol

~melody~

Anonymous said...

Your costume is so funny and cool. Congrats on going up in the airplane. How funny is it that we both went up on Saturday? Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)